Matt, Maren, Bryden and Gavin's homepage
Welcome! At one time, this was a page to keep our relatives and friends up to date on what we were doing, and how Bryden and Gavin had been growing. It was a chance to share some family pictures and stories with the people we don't get to see in person as often as we'd like, and an opportunity to post some information about some of the various climbs, hikes, and other adventures we'd done. Obviously, this site has gone stale, and I haven't updated anything here for ages. More recent photos can be found on my facebook pages, so check there for anything since, um, 2009!
If you're visiting this site because of a trip report I've posted here, and you'd like more info, feel free to email me -
I love to talk about our trips, and I'd be happy to provide you with any route details, or recommendations I can remember!
Moonset over Seattle from our deck
Skiing at Snoqualmie Pass - Winter, 2009
Backpack from Third Beach to Toleak Point - May, 2009
Hemlock Peak - July, 2009
Mt. Aix - May, 2009
Skiing at Snoqualmie Pass - Winter, 2008
Skiing at Bachelor, OR - March, 2008
Cragging at Exit 38 - May, 2008
Climbing at Red Rocks, NV - June, 2008
Mt. Phelps - July, 2008
Leavenworth cragging - Clem's Holler - July, 2008
Echo and Observatin Rocks - August, 2008
Preacher Mountain - August, 2008
Bearscout Mountain - September, 2008
Backpack along Nason Ridge - September, 2008
Mt. Howard - September, 2008
Skiing at Snoqualmie Pass - Winter, 2007
Skiing at Mission Ridge - February, 2007
Skiing at White Pass - February, 2007
Skiing at Schweitzer - March, 2007
Mt. Ellinor - April, 2007
Quartz Mountain - May, 2007
Duckabush River backpack - May, 2007
Othello train tunnels, Hope, B.C. - June, 2007
Zoa Peak - July, 2007
Kettle Valley RR bike ride - July, 2007
Cragging at Skaha - July, 2007
Minotaur Lake and Labyrinth Mountain - July, 2007
Mt Ellinor - July, 2007
Scout Lake - August, 2007
Mt. Si - August, 2007
Cashmere Mountain - August, 2007
Fay, Hessong Rock and Pleasant - September, 2007
Carne Mountain - September, 2007
Denny Peak - September, 2007
Talapus and Ollalie Lakes - September, 2007
Mt. Pugh - September, 2007
Mt. Angeles - September, 2007
Twin Falls - October, 2007
Granite Mountain (I-90) - October, 2007
Previous year's trips:
All outings - useful for searching
Matt's recommended climbs for basic class grads.
Matt's recommended reading for basic class students (and other climbers as well...)
What makes something a climb?
Matt's tick lists (probably really boring to anyone but Matt!): Summits; Technical routes
Other sites with good info on hiking and climbing in the Pacific Northwest:
- Summit Post - A great community site, with info on many Washington peaks
- Cascade Climbers - A community site featuring a timely local bulletin board for climbers, although the regulars can be quite caustic at times.
- Northwest Hikers - Another community site, this time focusing on hiking (with an excellent NW outdoor history section)
- Climbing Washington - Jeff Smoot's site, featuring good info on all sorts of climbs in Washington, including new route info and corrections to his climbing guides.
- Washington Trails Association - Check out the Freshest Trip Reports section for current trail conditions.
- Northwest Weather and Avalanche Conditions - the best mountain weather site, and a necessary site to check for avalanche conditions before any winter or spring climbing trips.
- Boealps (Boeing Alpine Society) web site. This is the climbing club I used to teach for.
- Gordon Schryer's web site - the site's gone stale, but it's still the home of the Marymoor Rock climbing guide!
- Eric Hoffman's site has a bunch of trip reports, some to some of the more unusual destinations
- Phil Fortier has a nice climbing site as well
- Peter Chapman has a good list of trip reports
- Dave Burdick and I took the intermediate climbing class together - he's gone on to climb way harder than I ever will!
Family pictures hiking and climbing trip reports from the Pacific Northwest
mountaineering skiing snowshoeing cascades northwest
Matt Robertson, Matthew Roberson, Matthew R. Robertson
Idlewild Elementary, Mann Junior High, Lakes High, LCOP, Little Church on the Prairie, University of Puget Sound, UPS
Maren Robertson, Maren Nelson, Maren L. Nelson
Polson, Montana, Pacific Lutheran University, PLU, Stanford
Boeing, Physio-Control, Medtronic
Bryden Robertson, Gavin Robertson
Send email to Matt!
Last updated: February 22, 2013